Wisconsin Lutheran College
Dean of Student Success and
Associate Professor of Education
My mission in life is to help others find and accomplish theirs! In particular I get very excited about helping young people discover and utilize their personal gifts to make their unique and significant contribution to the world.
I was raised in Tempe, Arizona and have migrated to Wisconsin due to my love for the mission of Wisconsin Lutheran College. I am a former High School English teacher and coach. When I am not teaching or meeting with students, I am often consulting with schools or conducting workshops with faculty and parents on the topic of student success. I have had the privilege of working with schools in over 20 states and 6 countries. I also serve as a Mentor in the Higher Learning Commission’s Academy for Persistence and Completion.
I also enjoy travel, sailing, golf, music, reading and walking with my dog, Kipper along the shores of Lake Michigan.
- Educational Psychology
- Advanced Educational Psychology (Graduate course)
- Foundations of Academic Success
- Student Success
- College Persistence
- The Psychology of Thriving
- At-Risk Learners
- Christian Servant-Leadership
- Faculty Development
- Creating An Engaged Organizational Culture
College professors' description of the lived experience of working with first-year learners: A phenomenological study by Wolle, Rhoda S., Ph.D., CAPELLA UNIVERSITY, 2011, 172 pages; 3458038
Keys to College Persistence: What Can Professors Do to Increase Persistence? Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching, 2012.
Here Is What Has Worked for Me: A collection of Strategies from faculty who teach first year-Learners. Mid-West First Year conference, 2011.
Engaging Students in Text Equals Student Retention. The International Teaching Professor Conference, 2012.
- Advisor to WLC’s Faculty Development Committee
- President's Task Force for Diversity
- Coach for the Christian Leadership Certificate Program
- Board Member for Friends of China
- Board Member for Kingdom Workers
- Facilitated 150+ workshops for WELS churches, schools, youth rallies, and International ministries.
B.S., Education, Martin Luther College (Minor in ENG)
M.A, Education, Marian University (Emphasis in Educating students At-Risk)
PhD, Psychology, Capella University (Specialization in Educational Psychology)
Assistant Professor of Education
B.S., Elementary Education, Wisconsin Lutheran College
M.A., School Leadership, Concordia University Chicago
Currently in Ph.D. program, Concordia University Chicago
I have had the opportunity to teach abroad for one year in the Czech Republic, to serve as an administrator and teacher in central city Chicago for eight years, and to serve as an administrator and teacher in Bloomington, MN for five years before returning to my alma mater. My wife, Diane, and I have been blessed with four children: Melissa, Michael, Stephen, and Sean. It is a privilege to guide and direct students as they develop into servant leaders in the field of education.
- Education Diversity Courses
- Instructional Methods Courses: Middle School, Math, Science
- Teacher Leadership
- Servant Leadership
- Cultural Diversity in Education
- Environmental Education
Wisconsin’s Plan to Advance Education for Environmental Literacy and Sustainability in PK-12 Schools. Contributor.
- WLC’s Faculty Development Committee, Chair
- WLC’s Curriculum Committee, Chair
- Presented 20+ presentations/workshops on a range of topics (diversity, methods, environmental education) to a wide range of audiences: IHE, teacher and principal conferences, and community and social organizations.