Our goal in FIVE TO THRIVE is to equip and support educators and parents as they help each child develop to his or her full God given potential.
Our primary objective is to synthesize the research on the brain and learning and provide applicable strategies answering the question, “What does this mean in my classroom or home?”
We welcome your feedback. By emailing us, you grant permission for your name and feedback to be included in a future episode. If you'd rather stay anonymous, please say so in the email. If you agree, please send feedback.
“I just want to tell you how much I appreciate and enjoy your podcasts and blog! I have been teaching in schools for 18 years and find your research and advice so very practical in both the areas of personal wellness and professional growth. The knowledge and suggestions you give are what I take back into my classroom and my personal life immediately. I know I have grown as an educator from listening to your podcasts (some of which I have listened to several times). Thank you for your work! The Lord is blessing all your efforts and using you to build and strengthen his earthly kingdom!” - received from listener on Dec. 8th.
Thank you for your comment!
Dr. Rhoda and Prof. Marty
Start your Monday off with a NEW episode!
- Dec 16, 2018 024- Growth Mindset
- Dec 10, 2018 023 - How Do You Become Really Good at Something? Deep Practice
- Dec 3, 2018 022- Characteristics of Thriving: Contentment
- Nov 26, 2018 021 - The Importance of Sleep
- Nov 19, 2018 013 - School Violence
- Nov 19, 2018 020 - Interview with Dr. Scott: Realizing Your Mission
- Nov 11, 2018 019-Overcoming Procrastination
- Nov 6, 2018 018 - Mastery Learning
- Oct 29, 2018 017 - Internal Locus of Control
- Oct 22, 2018 016-Getting Things Done-the rule of three
- Oct 15, 2018 015 - Guilt-Free Time Management
- Oct 8, 2018 014 - Bullying, Does Gender Matter?
- Oct 1, 2018 013 - The Triumvirate of Bullying
- Sep 24, 2018 012 - Bullying - What is it?
- Sep 17, 2018 011 - Grit
- Sep 10, 2018 010 - Mental Wellness an Interview with Karen Fischer
- Sep 3, 2018 009 - Introverts and Extroverts
- Aug 27, 2018 008 - Empathy and Compassion
- Aug 20, 2018 007 - The Power of Expectations
- Aug 13, 2018 006 - The Impact of Choices on the Brain
- Aug 6, 2018 005 - Self-efficacy
- Jul 30, 2018 004 - Thriving: Gratitude
- Jul 23, 2018 003 - Relationships
- Jul 19, 2018 002 - Memory
- May 30, 2018 001 - Creating a Brain Friendly Culture in Your Classroom